Salary Scale 13 of the German Public Sector Salary System (TV-L)
25.48 hours/ week (65 %) starting as soon as possible for the duration of 3 years (contingent on funding)
- Epidemiologische Methoden und Ursachenforschung
- Conduct research for your doctoral degree in the project "Using digital services to enhance participation in population-based studies"
- Participate in the institute’s structured doctoral program
- Publish your research in peer-reviewed international journals
- Excellent Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, psychology or related disciplines
- Alternatively, candiates with excellent Master's degrees in computer science will be considered if they demonstrate prior knowledge or strong interests in epidemiology, public health or statistics
- Strong affinity to digital online media/technology and/or skills in web applications or strong motivation to acquire them is recommended
- Thematic interest in methodological research on response and selection effects in population-based studies
- Strong research orientation and methodological skills, preferably with a focus on statistics and/or empirical research methodology
- Fluency in English (CEF Level C1) is a requirement as well as good command of German (CEF Level B2)
- Initiative, motivation, commitment, team spirit, and scientific curiosity
- First experiences in writing scientific research articles and in giving presentations
The Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS GmbH is a vibrant epidemiological research institute in the Northwest of Germany. The Department "Epidemiological Methods and Etiological Research" (Prof. Wolfgang Ahrens) in collaboration with the Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health Bremen, is offering a position as a
PhD student in the field of digital public health and epidemiological methods
The Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health Bremen (LSC DiPH) is a highly interdisciplinary research collaboration between the Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS and the University of Bremen, funded for an initial period of 4 years. The LSC DiPH aims to advance interdisciplinary research in this charged and fast-moving scientific and societal environment.
The successful candidate will investigate the use of digital services to enhance participation in population-based studies with a focus on techologies to overcome language barriers. This interdisciplinary research project is a joint endeavor of the Unit “Field work” in the Department "Epidemiological Methods and Etiological Research" at BIPS (which the candiate will join) and the “Human-computer Interaction” research group at the University of Bremen (Prof. Johannes Schöning).
What we offer:
Doctoral candidates are free to pursue their own research topics, but they are integrated into our research team facilitating intellectual exchange and scientific advice in a friendly and dynamic atmosphere. Access to existing data sets and to field sites will be provided as feasible. We offer a structured PhD program, exciting research topics, a stimulating international environment, close ties to the University of Bremen and an engaged, supportive, and cooperative team. Our national and international collaboration networks can be used for academic exchange.
How to apply:
Applications should include cover letter, complete CV, and degree certificates (including list of courses and grades of master / bachelor degree). Severely disabled applicants will be given priority conditional on equal professional and personal qualifications. The Institute strives to promote its employees’ work-life balance and has been certified for its family friendliness (audit “berufundfamilie”). We also offer additional support for international scholars to relocate to Germany through the Welcome Center of the UBremen Research Alliance.
Enquiries to: Dr. Stefan Rach, Tel.: +49 421 / 218 56841; E-Mail: email@example.com
Additional information can be found on our homepage: www.leibniz-bips.de/en.
Applications should be sent quoting the reference number A 20/21 by August 30, 2020 by email as a pdf to: bewerbung(at)leibniz-bips.de
Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS GmbH