Salary Scale 13 of the German Public Sector Salary System (TV-L)
25,48 hours/ week (65 %) starting as soon as possible for the duration of 3 years (contingent on funding)
- Prävention und Evaluation
- Angewandte Interventionsforschung
- Conduct your own research project for your doctoral degree (Dr PH)
- Participate in the institute’s structured doctoral programme
- Publish your research in peer-reviewed international journals
- Excellent Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or related disciplines
- Thematic interest in health intervention research, health promotion and prevention, including international perspectives
- Strong research orientation and methodological skills
- Excellent English language skills verbally and in writing
- Initiative, motivation, commitment, and scientific curiosity
- First experiences in writing scientific research articles and in giving presentations
- International research and/or educational experience in public health/ health promotion/ interventions
The Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS GmbH is a vibrant epidemiological research institute in the Northwest of Germany. The Department ‘Prevention and Evaluation’, headed by Prof. Hajo Zeeb, is dedicated to three major thematic fields: i) health inequalities with specific reference to migration and gender, ii) innovative interventions for health promotion, with a focus on digital public health, and (iii) evidence based public health. The Department ‘Prevention and Evaluation’ is offering a position as a
PhD student in the field of health intervention research/ public health
What we offer:
Doctoral candidates are free to pursue their own research topics, but they are integrated in our research team facilitating intellectual exchange and scientific advice in a friendly and dynamic atmosphere. Access to existing data sets and to field sites will be provided as feasible. We offer a structured PhD program, exciting research topics, a stimulating international environment, close ties to the University of Bremen and an engaged, supportive and cooperative team. Our national and international collaboration networks can be used for academic exchange.
How to apply: Please send us your preliminary dissertation proposal, a letter of motivation, your CV and a copy of your Master’s certificate. The dissertation topic should be related to the thematic field of applied health intervention research with a focus on prevention and health promotion. We do not expect a fully developed dissertation proposal, but a rationale and an outline of major research questions, methods, and a timeline should be provided (max. of five pages).
Severely disabled applicants will be given priority conditional on equal professional and personal qualifications.The Institute strives to promote its employees’ work-life balance and has been certified for its family friendliness (audit “berufundfamilie”). We also offer additional support for international scholars to relocate to Germany through the Welcome Center of the UBremen Research Alliance.
Enquiries to: Dr. Heide Busse, Tel.: +49 421 / 218 56912; E-Mail: busse(at)leibniz-bips.de
Additional information can be found on our homepage: https://www.leibniz-bips.de/en.
Applications should be sent quoting the reference number A 20/14 by August 15th, 2020 by email as a pdf to: bewerbung(at)leibniz-bips.de
Leibniz-Institut für Präventionsforschung und Epidemiologie – BIPS GmbH
28359 Bremen Germany