Salary scale 13 of the German public sector salary system (TV-L)
39.2 hours/week (100% position) starting as soon as possible for the duration of 3 years.
The position is generally suitable for part-time employment.
- Biometrie und EDV
- Emmy Noether-Nachwuchsgruppe „Beyond Prediction - Statistical Inference with Machine Learning"
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in (bio-)statistics, mathematics, computer science or related disciplines
- Solid background in statistics, experience with machine learning is beneficial
- Programming skills in R or Python, other languages such as C++ or Java are beneficial
- Good command of spoken and written English, German is not required
- Initiative, motivation, commitment, and scientific curiosity
The following characteristics would be beneficial:
- Experience in high performance computing environments
- Experience in open source software development, platforms such as Github, software testing or continuous integration methods
- Experience with analyzing biological, medical or epidemiological data
The Department Biometry and Data Management at the Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS offers a position as a
Postdoctoral Researcher in Statistical Machine Learning in the Emmy Noether Junior Research Group: Beyond Prediction - Statistical Inference with Machine Learning
The Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS is one of the leading epidemiological research institutions in Germany and a member of the Leibniz Association. The position is in the Emmy Noether Junior Research Group: Beyond Prediction - Statistical Inference with Machine Learning, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and headed by Marvin N. Wright. The research group focuses on the development of statistical inference methods for machine learning with special emphasis on problems faced in epidemiology such as confounding, high-dimensional data and survival outcomes. The group cooperates with researchers from the University of Oxford, University of Copenhagen and Stanford University.
We seek an excellent, open-minded and team-spirited Postdoc with a strong background in (bio-)statistics, mathematics, computer science or related disciplines who is interested in statistical aspects of machine learning and applications in epidemiology.
We offer exciting research topics, a stimulating international environment, a good infrastructure, close ties to the University of Bremen and an engaged, supportive and cooperative team.
Severely disabled applicants will be given priority conditional on equal professional and personal qualifications. The Institute strives to promote its employees’ work-life balance and has been certified for its family friendliness (audit “berufundfamilie”). We also offer additional support for international scholars to relocate to Germany through the Welcome Center of the UBremen Research Alliance.
Enquiries to: Dr. Marvin N. Wright, Tel.: +49 421 218 56 945
Additional information can be found on our homepage: https://www.leibniz-bips.de/en.
Please send your application in English or German with the usual documents quoting the reference number A20/25 by September 20, 2020 by e-mail as a pdf to: bewerbung(at)leibniz-bips.de.
Leibniz-Institut für Präventionsforschung und Epidemiologie – BIPS GmbH