- 2016 - 2019 PhD in Public Health, University of Bremen, Germany
- 2015 Master Degree in Demography, Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2010 Winter School in “Policies and Reproductive Behavior”, Faculty of Statistics, University of Padua, Italy. Invited by Professor Gianpiere Dalla Zuanna
- 2008 Bachelor Degree in Sociology & Social Work, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Since 2016 Doctoral Research Fellow , Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology - BIPS, Bremen, Germany.
- 2013-2014 Institute for Future Studies, Sweden. Research Assistant in the “EU-FP7 AGENTA Project, Ageing Europe”: An application of National Transfer Account (NTA) for explaining and projecting trends in public finances. Project leader: Prof. Alexia Furnkranz-Prskawetz (Institute of Mathematical Methods in Economics, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna Austria).
- 2012-2013 Institute for Future Studies, Sweden.Research Assistant in the “National Account Project” (NTA). Project leaders: Prof. Ronald Lee (Center for the Economics and Demography of Aging, University of California, Berkeley, United States) and Prof. Andrew Mason (East-West center, Honolulu, Hawaii).
- 2008-2010 Statistical Service, Ghana. Project Officer in the “2010 Ghana Population & Housing Census project”.
- Health inequalities
- Time use
- Social policy
- Welfare states and Comparative welfare systems
Articles with peer-review
- Adjei N, Brand T. Investigating the associations between productive housework activities, sleep hours and self-reported health among elderly men and women in western industrialised countries. BMC Public Health. 2018;18:110.
- Adjei N, Jonnson KR, Brand T. Time spent on work-related activities, social activities and time pressure as intermediary determinants of health disparities among elderly women and men in 5 European countries: A structural equation model. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2018;17:121.
- Adjei N, Billingsley S. Childbearing behavior before and after the 1994 population policies in Ghana. Population Research and Policy Review. 2017;36(2):251-271.
- Adjei N, Brand T, Zeeb H. Gender inequality in self-reported health among the elderly in contemporary welfare countries: A cross-country analysis of time use activities, socioeconomic positions and family characteristics. PLOS ONE. 2017;12(9):e0184676.
Presentations at scientific meetings/conferences (invited)
- Adjei N, Brand T, Zeeb H. Gender inequality in health among the elderly. Public Health Conference: "Key Issues in Current Health Research: Ageing - Health - Equity", 29-30 June 2017, Bremen.
Presentations at scientific meetings/conferences
- Adjei N, Brand T, Zeeb H. Investigating socio-economic explanations for gender and cross-national inequalities in self-reported health among the elderly in contemporary welfare countries. International Population Conference (IPC), 29 October-4 November 2017, Cape Town, South Africa.
For further publications please follow this link:
The responsibility for the content of this page lies with Nicholas Adjei.