Statistical Modeling of Primary Data Unit
The Statistical Modeling of Primary Data Unit is point of contact for all questions relating the statistical implications of the planning, implementation and evaluation of epidemiological studies. This applies to in-house research as well as to studies located outside the BIPS but requesting our methodological and statistical advice. In particular, our support refers to topics like sample size estimation, constructing questionnaires, advice on software and data management, formulating scientific issues to testable hypotheses, choosing the correct statistical test, or conducting the actual analyses, including a suitable representation and interpretation of results. However, the goal of the unit is not only the routinely preparation of statistical analyses, but also the adaptation and development of innovative design-specific methods. Specific focuses in this regard are the statistical modeling of nutritional data and the modeling of urban influence factors of lifestyle-related diseases by means of geographic information system (GIS).
Only currently running projects or those that ended less than a year ago will be shown. The entries are sorted alphabetically.
- Development and evaluation of three-stage procedures for modeling exposure patterns in epidemiological studies
- Effects of bariatric procedures
- Growing up healthy: Obesity prevention tailored to critical transition periods in the early life-course
- National Research Data Infrastructure for Personal Health Data (NFDI4Health)
- NFDI4Health - Task Force COVID-19: Better understanding the COVID-19 outbreak and its consequences through integrated and harmonised research efforts